At your first visit, your Physical Therapist will perform a comprehensive evaluation consisting of:
- listening to your story of the events that contributed to your current pain and/or limitations
- complete posture and movement analysis assessing flexibility, strength and balance
- explain to you what is wrong and what we will do for you in PT
- give you a prognosis for how long it will take for you to achieve your goals
- initiate manual therapy and teach you a few corrective exercises
Follow-up treatments will consist of answering any questions that you may have, taking a baseline assessment of your most painful or limited movement, performing hands-on treatment, and then reassessing your baseline movement so you can see and feel the gains that you have made. Your PT will then teach you corrective exercises to maintain and improve on the gains that you make each session.